As part of the process of inputting to ILO’s revision of ISCO in 2008, the ESeC project funded Peter Elias and Margaret Birch to run a series of regional workshops during 2005 across the European Union. These have discussed the ways that statistical offices use ISCO, the identification of problems with the classification, and suggested improvements for 2008. These were consolidated into a single document which was submitted to the ILO.
- Oslo meeting 7 June, 2005
- Lisbon meeting 15 September, 2005
- Piraeus meeting 23 September, 2005
- Budapest meeting 9 December, 2005
- The Review of ISCO 88: A European perspective Peter Elias and Margaret Birch