Prof Birgitta Rabe Professor, University of Essex
I am Professor of Economics at the Institute for Social and Economic Research, University of Essex, interested in applied research in education, family and labour economics. I am Co-Investigator of the ESRC Research Cente on Micro-social Change and Topic Champion on Understanding Society. Current and recent work includes:
COVID19 and educational inequalities
Childhood obesity: impact of free lunches and of weight report cards
- Early child development: the effects of breastfeeding and of childcare
- Education and schools: effects of school resources, sibling spillover effects, interactions between school quality and parental investments
- Childcare and maternal labour supply
Migration and residential mobility
Latest Blog Posts
- How have school closures affected children’s mental health?
- Will support for low-income families during school holidays improve children’s lives?
- What difference will the COVID Summer Food Fund make to children’s lives?