We are launching a range of new fully-funded PhD placements with our MiSoC research team.
- Young people’s social skills, supervised by Dr Birgitta Rabe (ISER) and Professor Sonia Bhalotra (Department of Economics)
- Local immigrant integration, supervised by Dr Renee Luthra (Department of Sociology)
- Artificial Intelligence for causality with applications in the social and economic sciences, supervised by Professor Paul Clarke (ISER)
- Extra-curricular Activities and Skill Acquisition, supervised by Professor Emilia Del Bono (ISER)
- A life course perspective on childlessness, supervised by Dr Nicola Barban and Professor Emily Grundy (ISER)
These fully-funded studentships will be part of the new programme of research for the ESRC-funded Research Centre on Micro-Social Change (MiSoC), which is based in ISER and run with colleagues from other departments at the University of Essex. They will give students the chance to be supervised and work alongside world-leading experts in their field.
Full details of the scholarships and how to apply on our website here.