The Future of Student Outcomes - join Shadow Minister for Higher Education at our launch event
As the debate over the value of higher education participation intensifies NEON, in association with the Institute for Social and Economic Research (ISER) from the University of Essex, is launching a new pamphlet bringing together evidence and perspectives from the UK and abroad on what successful student outcomes means and how to deliver them.
We would like to invite you to the online launch of ‘The Future of Student Outcomes’ at 10am on Tuesday 13th October 2020. The keynote speaker at the event will be Emma Hardy MP, Shadow Minister for Higher Education and you will be able to hear from the contributors to the pamphlet including:
• Professor Ruth Ayres, Pro Vice- Chancellor Education, Aston University
• Professor Sherria Hoskins, Executive Dean of the Faculty of Science and Health, University of Portsmouth
• Vicky Blake, President elect UCU and University of Leeds
• Vicky Duckworth, Professor in Education, Edge Hill University
• June Pym, Emeritus Associate Professor and Education Consultant, Saville Foundation
• Angus Holford, Research Fellow, Institute for Social and Economic Research, University of Essex
• Paul Wakeling, Head of Department, University of York
• Stephen Isherwood, Chief Executive, Institute of Student Employers
This event is an opportunity to discuss the key issues in understanding what a successful outcome should be for higher education students in the present context. It will also feature examples of initiatives that have supported learners from lower socio-economic and other under-represented groups to achieve their potential in HE.