The course will take place online on Zoom over four half-days (from 9am to 1pm) on 12-15 October 2020.
This course will help you understand:
• how to access and download the UKMOD models, software and data
• the basics of tax-benefit microsimulation
• the logic and structure behind UKMOD
• how to work with UKMOD: the policy rules, FRS micro-data and the EUROMOD software
• how to use the EUROMOD tools (Statistics Presenter) for distributional analysis
• the EUROMOD tax-benefit modelling language
• how to access documentation and additional help sources
You will also find out about more advanced topics such as:
• how we have forecasted the policy years from 2021/22 to 2024/25
• how we have simulated the Covid-related labour market shocks to policy years 2020/21 to 2024/25.
Dr Iva Tasseva & Dr Sara Reis
Date & time:
12 Oct 2020 08:00 am - 15 Oct 2020 12:00 pm
Online via Zoom